Position Title: Account Manager
Department: Customer Success
Reports to: Customer Success Director
Supervises: None at this time
Collaborates with: Customers, potential customers, current users, Technology department, Customer Success & Sales department, New Product Development department and various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
NowPow is seeking an Account Manager to join the Customer Success team. This position will be based in Chicago. The Account Manager plays a vital role in the NowPow customer journey, lifecycle and customer retention. The Account Manager will be responsible for handling the customer success activities and relationship management for large anchor customers. This includes working with the Implementation Team on all customer projects as they onboard to the NowPow technology platform.
Post-implementation the Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring ongoing user and account success by being the primary account representative for key customer stakeholders within each account, cultivating robust adoption of NowPow technology, driving ongoing utilization, increasing customer satisfaction and performing renewal responsibilities to ensure retention. Finally, this person will work in conjunction with a Customer Success Associate to oversee ecosystem building needed to grow markets.
Activities include managing multiple large customer accounts simultaneously, guiding NowPow users through customer success process to ensure adoption and utilization of the NowPow products. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting questions and issues as they arise, facilitating communication and resolutions between customers and NowPow staff as needed (e.g. product development, engineering), training delivery, upsell/cross-sell and account growth. Multi-day travel to NowPow corporate office, conferences/conventions and, potentially, customer sites will be required. In addition, the Account Manager may be called upon to support sales activities such as technology demonstrations for existing customers and accounts. Collaboration across all NowPow departments will be required.
- Manage and monitor customer relationships for largest market accounts, using the Customer Success Model to ensure NowPow exceeds customer expectations
- Work with Senior Project Leadership in customer accounts, to define usage strategies, business objectives and ensure impact alignment between NowPow and key customer stakeholders
- Manage customer renewals and retention to ensure Net Revenue Retention goals are met
- Facilitate and lead the customer success process, working across departments to prioritize customer needs and issues, communicate timelines and resolutions/outcomes to customers
- Monitor user adoption by customer and take action as necessary
- Work with the Customer Success Associate to create a robust and active CBO taker community to support large customer anchor accounts and ecosystem
- Conduct customer analysis, develop customer profiles, create and regularly publish success stories from data/use cases to drive impact and spread optimization across NowPow customer base
- Understand the impact of new software releases on customer projects
- Manage and lead user training and support through workflow pilots and rollouts
- Develop and share best practices to drive user adoption and long term utilization
- Engage with customers to provide feedback to NowPow team regarding usage and technology functionality
- Attend conferences and demo NowPow to at conferences and sales meetings, as needed
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of customer success, account management experience or customer service, with focus on enterprise accounts a plus
- Experience in account renewals and customer lifetime value roles
- Experience working in a quota and revenue goals environment
- Strong detail-orientation with experience managing multiple accounts required
- Ability to adhere and promote standard customer success methodologies, procedures, and best practices
- Experience managing both internal and external teams
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence, persuade, and facilitate effective working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; comfortable speaking in public
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills and comfortable with leveraging technology like Customer Relationship Management tools (e.g. Insightly) in workflow
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track-record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Ability to generate new ideas, iterate on various processes, and provide thought leadership to customers and NowPow leadership
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities
- Charismatic attitude and willingness to work on a dynamic mixture of tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Must be willing to travel
Please note that NowPow cannot currently sponsor work visas.