Senior Software Engineer
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own specific initiatives and be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and coordinating across teams to implement. In this role, you will work across the company in your engineering team vertical to build efficient and scalable systems.
Since we are a growing startup, you will participate in many areas of the development process, including security design, architecture, system scalability, team leadership, and infrastructure management. We are looking for candidates who want to stretch their skills across the full-stack of engineering responsibilities and are excited to join a quickly growing team.
A good candidate should have a passion for and experience with Web/UI technologies. A strong understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is required. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. Most development will be .NET development with C#.
Participate in design and build the NowPow Platform:
- Work with the Principal Engineer to help design the NowPow System Architecture
- Own one or many specific areas of the NowPow architecture and become a team expert
- Collaborate with your team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation
Lead product initiatives during Release Process:
- Lead the product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers
- Create plans and estimates during the release and sprint planning processes
- Manage cross-team initiatives and coordinate to execute successfully
- Help with team scrum tasks (standups, retros, grooming) and development processes to ensure the team delivers on sprint goals
- Be responsible for team progress throughout the sprint
- Suggest and implement improvements to our development processes
Build a Great Product:
- Work with your team to create solid, scalable, robust solutions
- Participate in code reviews and pull-request processes regularly
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of superior performance.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus.