Director of Operations
Who We Are
NowPow is a women-owned and led technology company that powers communities with the knowledge people need to get well, care for others, and manage with disease. The multi-sided Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform seamlessly integrates with electronic health records to identify patients’ self-care needs, generate highly matched referrals, share referrals with community partners, and track referral status to close the loop on care. By making community resources visible to the people who need them the most, NowPow nurtures healthier, more vibrant communities.
NowPow is seeking a Director of Operations to lead our Community Resources department responsible for building and maintaining the resource directory that powers NowPow’s tools and technology. NowPow has spent the last 4 years honing a market-leading approach to building and maintaining its high-quality resource directories. Leading this growing 30-person department, the Director of Operations will be responsible for taking our approach to the next level of effectiveness and excellence. Successful candidates will have a clear track record of inspirational leadership, strategic decision making, and driving operational success.
What you’ll do
- Build and support exceptional teams: Establish and maintain high standards for team engagement, schedule and participate in regular check-ins and encourage continuous professional development in all staff. Foster and maintain relationships with all members of the department to achieve optimal workplace satisfaction.
- Recruit great people for the right jobs: Anticipate what roles are needed, the types of people needed for achievement in them, and how to find them.
- Personify inclusion and collaboration: Engage and learn from the wealth of talented NowPowers to build strategies that allow us to function as a unified force.
- Use data to drive strategic decision making: Lead the development of reports and dashboards that effectively track the departments goals and KPIs.
- Be receptive and enterprising: Thoroughly evaluate options and inputs before deciding; prioritize listening and teamwork, and dive into the details when needed
- Demonstrate expertise in business: Gather information on all the elements of NowPow’s business and market to envision future applications of Community Resources’ work.
- Drive operational success: Evaluate departmental performance on a regular basis, continually looking for ways to improve organizational processes, productivity, and efficiency
- Know how technology can help: Avoid re-inventing the wheel where necessary by utilizing technology solutions to improve processes. Demonstrate ability to ideate new functionalities and to prioritize appropriately.
What requirements will make you a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) years of work experience required; experience in relevant field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct management experience is required
- Demonstrated ability in developing business and department level metrics/KPIs and translating into day-to-day activities is required
Skills Desired for candidate success:
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Experience using software to automate workflows and improve processes strongly desired.
- Experience with advanced Excel functions (including the ability to analyze data and create reports, nesting multiple functions together to create dynamic formulas, and use of INDEX, MATCH, and VLOOKUP) required.
- Ability to build strategic partnerships that champion value of team performance.