Community Resources Team Lead
Position Title: Community Resources Team Lead
Reports to: Community Resources Department Lead
Supervises: Community Resource Specialists (typically a team of 4-5)
Collaborates with: Community Resources department, and on occasion Customer Sales & Success department, New Product Development department, and various NowPow administrative staff
Community Resources Team Leads play an essential role in editing and refining the NowPow product, as well as direct management of Community Resource Specialists. Community Resources Team Leads hold regular weekly team meetings and conduct one-on-one reviews with team members regarding production and overall performance. Using the daily data report as the primary tool for monitoring team member’s production, Community Resources Team Leads are expected to provide perspective and feedback for continuous improvement to team members. Community Resources Team Leads also participate in honing the taxonomy through the Taxonomy Improvement Committee, and think critically about what information should be collected to maximize the performance of NowPow’s technology. Finally, Community Resources Team Leads are expected to help grow an atmosphere of proactive, idea-oriented teamwork within their groups as well as for the department as a whole while maintaining strict confidentiality on HR-related issues.
Community Resources Team Leads engage in granular editing and revising of other employees’ work as well as adherence to the NowPow Service Information style guide. Community Resources Team Leads are also expected to participate in the continued improvement and refinement of the style guide as well as broader processes within the department. Community Resources Team Leads will demonstrate acute attention to detail, a positive solution-oriented attitude, excellent communication and abstract reasoning skills, and the ability to work as a member of a diverse team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead weekly meetings with team members, both as a group and one-on-one, providing review and guidance on performance and production
- Analyze daily data report for trends and potential improvements for team members and overall department
- Maintain confidentiality and provide perspective and feedback on Community Resources HR-related issues
- Participate in the Taxonomy Improvement Committee, providing ideas and perspective on changes to service names, population/condition tags, search, etc.
- Carefully read and occasionally edit descriptions of organizations and services such as food pantries, health insurance enrollment, etc.
- Conduct telephone interviews to follow-up with for- and not-for-profit businesses and organizations in our tool while following specific survey protocols
- Engage CBOs (community-based organizations) via phone and email to promote and encourage use of NowPow tools
- Evaluate and iterate on training and implementation processes as needed
- Engage in on-going conversations for improvements to NowPow tools and taxonomy
- Thoroughly document and track the work of many employees at once
- Additional tasks as assigned
- At least 2 years of team management experience
- Candidates must be detail oriented
- Experience with data entry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proactive and solution-oriented disposition required
- Experience using online and database resources required
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (and/or Google equivalents) and basic internet navigation and electronic communication skills required
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to frequent procedural changes