NowPow is a knowledge utility company that powers up underserved communities by providing people the vital information they need to stay well and live long. Our multi-sided technology platform connects health care to self-care. By providing better access to the right resources, NowPow makes self-care simple for those that need it most.
Integrating with all electronic health record, care and case systems and CRMs, NowPow produces customized community resource e-prescriptions that extend, complement and complete care plans given to the patient by providers. NowPow generates the personalized e-prescriptions by applying a rigorous matching methodology to our enormous inventory of community services and an individual’s personal health and social conditions. Our technology connects referral makers to referral takers to “close the loop” on health and social services.
We partner with and support MAPSCorps, a large-scale youth employment program that serves as our data engine. MAPSCorps employs high school youth to map the assets of underserved neighborhoods. NowPow, a for-profit social enterprise, and MAPSCorps, a 501c3, together make up a self-sustaining collective social impact model. MAPSCorps and NowPow catalyze communities by building the workforce of the future and improving the health and vitality of its people, businesses, and organizations.
NowPow is a women-owned technology company located in our first NowPow community, Chicago’s South Side.
Position Title: Software Engineer
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Collaborates with: Product Management department, potential customers and current users, Technology Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, various NowPow administrative staff, and select third party vendors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and self-motivated Software Engineer to join the NowPow Engineering team. A good candidate should have a passion for and experience with Web/UI technologies. A strong understanding of the .NET framework, Web/UI technologies, and C# is required. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. The majority of development is going to be .NET development with C#.
- Develop and help design web-based technology and applications using the .NET Framework.
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Work with the Product Management team to build great software for our customers.
- Work on the full stack of the NowPow product suite and MAPSCorps tools, including front-end UI, back-end web service and data tools, reporting and analytics tools, and build and deployment automation.
- Suggest and implement improvements to our development processes.
- Quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Work in a test-driven development environment.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, and documentation for your assigned work.
- Collaborate with your team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation.
- Work with other team members effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of superior performance.
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus.