Position Title: Data Analyst
Reports to: Analytics Lead
Collaborates most with: Customer Success Department, New Product Development Department, Technology Department, NowPow administrative staff
We are looking for an energetic Data Analyst to join the NowPow team, positioned in our Analytics department. The primary responsibility of the position will be to understand and analyze NowPow’s usage data, ideating ways the data can bring value to the company and its customers.
Currently, NowPow’s database contains service information and user data across 11 geographies. As NowPow innovates and expands, the Data Analyst will be a key member of the Analytics team, conceptualizing and carrying out analyses that demonstrate the data’s value through insights that help users have greater population health impact.
- Conceptualizing and executing analyses that support teams in driving user adoption
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as well as ability to present results in a clear manner
- Identifying data-related opportunities for new product development features
- Be vigilant about ways to increase efficiencies and productivity through automation
- Assist with development of protocols for systematizing processes for collecting, monitoring, analyzing and reporting data
- Supporting report building for customers and internal business teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, quantitative health or social science), or information technology
- At least 2+ years of full-time professional experience in a data-related role
- Advanced SQL skills: 1+ year professional experience writing complex SQL queries to pull data and build reports
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or plotting in a statistical language such as R (ggplot2), Python (matplotlib)
- Applied statistics skills, such as statistical testing and regression
- Concise and organized scripting and programming skills
- Comfortable interfacing directly with external customers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping under-served communities
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- NowPow does not offer sponsorship at this time.
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Services
- Experience working with healthcare data and familiarity with health IT industry a plus